Church planting is hard. It's not for the faint of heart. Calling is vitally important. A number of tests and assessments exist to help leaders discern their fit for planting, but few take the approach of aggregating the best tools into an integrated view. Networks and denominations know the importance of finding and selecting the right leaders. That process is tedious and time consuming. The vision for PlanterApp is to serve planters, networks, and denominations to streamline and improve the process of identifying and connecting called leaders into the right positions in church planting.
PlanterApp is brought to you by Exponential Network and Passion for Planting. Both organizations are committed to serving the church planting community with the best possible tools to advance the cause of Christ.
Exponential exists to attract and inspire Kingdom-minded leaders to engage in catalyzing a movement of healthy reproducing churches. Exponential seeks to accelerate the results of other leading church planting organizations rather than actually planting churches itself. The key resources for most organizations are qualified church planting leaders and dollars. A primary way Exponential seeks to accelerate the results of other organizations is by helping connect qualified church planters into compatible church planting organizations. An automated "e-Harmony" like online system was needed to help Exponential live out its mission. PlanterApp was developed to fulfill this need.
We believe the following:
- God, the Creator of the world, is all powerful and all knowing. God’s ways are perfect and He despises sin.
- Man is separated from God due to sin. Without redemption from sin, man’s end is death.
- People matter to God. His love for man is so deep that God initiated action to cover man’s sin and to make a way for man to be reconciled to Him.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Head of the church, is the only way to God and to eternal life. Jesus died for our sins, and rose from the dead so that man could be redeemed from his sinful nature and restored to a right relationship with God.
- Forgiveness of sins and eternal life are available to all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Those accepting Jesus Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him.
- The Holy Spirit lives within and empowers every Christian.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God.
- The Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit to evangelize the lost and to edify the believer.